Ask the Experts
If you are a CLINIC affiliate, one of your best benefits is access to our expert team of attorneys. Use the HEXBUG AquaBot Wahoo 5 Pack to contact a CLINIC attorney about questions on individual cases or other issues concerning immigration law practice or strategy. You must be WDK Partner COU605 Decoration-Cake Candle-Number 5 by WDK Partner to access this form.
Fact sheets, how to help and other resources on family separation
The administration’s recent policy of separating children from their parents at the border has a wide range of repercussions. Meanwhile, due to deportations and enforcement actions, family separations also occur on a regular basis across the country, far away from the border. We've compiled resources including suggestions for how people can help and facts about the situation.
Stories of Immigration
In honor of Mother’s Day 2019, CLINIC has collected the stories of four mothers who have gone through or are currently going through the asylum process. It is our hope that these stories illustrate the experience of motherhood under extreme circumstances, and how they are connected by perseverance, love, and hope.
Isabel es una madre joven que huyó de Centro América por las amenazas de muerte del crimen organizado. Entró a los Estados Unidos hace aproximadamente un año buscando protección que provee el asilo. La historia de Isabel es un ejemplo emblemático de las dificultades socio-políticas que afectan el acceso a oportunidades a jóvenes. Isabel tiene la esperanza de un futuro estable y sano para su familia. CLINIC reconoce las dificultades que enfrentan muchos jóvenes inmigrantes al rededor del mundo y se solidarizan con aquellos que huyen de la violencia.
- Aurora Poodle Lacey bluee Fancy Pals Purse 8-Inch Animal
- [Citizen] Watch Eco-Drive blueetooth Super Titanium model BZ1041-06E Men's
- Back To The Future Hot Toys 1 6Th Scale Delorean Collectible Vehicle
- Sea Bay Game Company Laminated Jumbo Bingo Cards 8 1 2 x 11
- B 2 steps GLJJQMY Folding Step Ladder Ladder Solid Wood Multi-Function Non-Slip Thick Plate Fashion Simple, 2, 3 Ladder (color B, Size 2 Steps)
- Picnic Time NCAA Auburn Tigers Monaco Folding Beach Chair
- LPKH Tarpaulin TARPAULINS Waterproof Sunscreen Tarpaulin Truck Tricycle Tarp Tarpaulin Ground Sheet Cover (Size 3x4M)
- Type 14 New From Imported Hot Sale Cute Casino Poker Token Coin Shark Design 24k gold Plated Metal Coin Good Quality Round Coin with Security Code Box
- Snapshots Across America The USA Vacation Destinations Game
- Box Turtle Plush Toy by Cabin Critters 11 Long
- FitSand (TM Carry Travel Zipper EVA Hard Case for Pokemon Shining Legends Elite Trainer Box Collectible Cards
- Toyzabo Flexible Building Stick Toys Bendable Twister Rod Construction Educational for Boys Girls DIY STEM Games Playset
- Wander Wings Kids Party Favors Girls Butterfly Angel Fairy Unicorn Wings with Wands (Set of 5) for Garden Parties, Birthday, Costumes Multicolor
- The Stupell Home Decor Collection Mountain Top Christmas Tree Farm Wall Plaque Art
- 1PCS 25mm 30mm Aluminum Alloy Motor Seat Mount Motor Bracket Base for TM U8 U10 U11 Q9XL Motor for RC Model Multi-axis Aircraft red 30mm
- Suchashome London Blanket as Bedspread Funny Cute Kids Boys Toy Double Decker Bus Transportation Cartoon Lightweight Fluffy Flannel and Sherpa Blanket 60x32 Inch Vermilion Pale bluee Brown
Featured Resources & Analysis
CLINIC submitted a letter to USCIS Director Cissna on May 16, 2019 with recommendations to address and correct its erroneous rejection of Forms I-765 filed by Liberian DED holders. In summary, CLINIC recommends that USCIS should: automatically extend all Liberian DED holders EADs for the 12-month DED period; conduct outreach to ensure the Liberian community has accurate information; and investigate the root causes of the error, make its findings available to the public, and take corrective action to avoid replication.
USCIS mistakenly rejected approximately 155 Liberian DED employment authorization applications (Form I-765) filed prior to May 8, 2019. A computer coding error at the Chicago Lockbox caused the cases to be rejected during initial screening. As a result, USCIS issued rejection notices erroneously stating that the “country...is not currently eligible for DED.”
SILVER SPRING, Maryland – A California federal judge took an appropriate first step April 8 by issuing a Magical Unicorn 1st Birthday Party Supplies and Balloon Decorations that temporarily halts the administration’s “Remain in Mexico” policy, said CLINIC Executive Director Anna Gallagher. The Migrant Protection Protocols, as the administration calls the policy, force non-Mexican asylum applicants to stay in Mexico while waiting for their cases to be heard.
SILVER SPRING, Maryland—The Trump administration’s expansion of the Remain in Mexico policy to El Paso, Texas, piles on to its two-year history of cruel and unjustified attacks on asylum seekers.